Tel: +44 (0)1280 816 333
BMW OSS was developed for the Independent Repair Workshops for use on BMW / MINI @ ROLLS ROYCE Vehicles, using the internet with direct access to Munich for Maintenance / Repair & Diagnostics information.
Area covered are:
- ISTA workshop - this is the main Diagnostic platform for read / clear faults / live data / guided troubleshooting / actuator tests, service functions etc
- ISTA P - this is used for coding and programming new and existing ECUs on the vehicle adding customer options and retrofitting
- KEY READING - this is used for reading key / service information / technical campaign information. To be used in conjunction with KeyReader - The KeyReader enables vehicle and service data to be read out from BMW Group ignition keys. The data are output in the Service Advisor application ISPA (ISPA Client / ISPA Light and from 2015 ISPA.Next) and APAS and can be used to create a customer order. Reading a key ( Valid for Reading a key manually ) = €100 / year.
- AIR - The AIR application provides you with an information search system for the aftersales sector, which allows technical and commercial service data to be displayed in just one system. Searching for information is significantly quicker and easier thanks to the application, allowing you to devote more time to customer care and completing tasks in the workshop.
- TECH INFO - this gives information on maintenance and repair
- TECHNICAL CAMPAIGNS - this shows all improvement bulletins and updates needed. usually these fixes are done Free of charge by authorised BMW dealers
- SERVICE HISTORY - this is used for BMW cars ONLY, introduced from January 2011. After this date BMW vehicles did not have paper service manuals, instead opting to save service information on a central database. This allows the workshop to upload what service has been carried out on the vehicle and give the customer a printout. Amendments must be made within 7 days and can ONLY be changed by the workshop that created the original entry
- ELECTRONIC PARTS CATALOGUE - This allows the workshop to find part numbers for components needed.
Maverick BMW OEM package consists of:
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-54 semi-rugged 14” Touchscreen with SSD
- Drew Technologies Cardaq Plus 2 J2534 Pass-Thru interface with OBD
- BMW Cable Kit (7+8 pin connector & 20 pin connector)
- BMW OSS Diagnostics Account creation & installation (online service system)
- All software and hardware installed and tested
- N.B. Maverick do NOT supply this system in any other format i.e. we will not install OSS on clients existing laptop or with other J2534 devices
- Good Internet connection (preferably hard wired)
- Purchase of time units from 1 hour to yearly depending on customer usage:
- 1hour - €6 euros
- 1 day - €32 euros (subject to change by BMW)
- These units are “real time”, e.g. purchase 1 day starting at 10.00 am Monday will expire 10.00 am Tuesday (N.B. if you are still using the software for a specific task, your time will end only when the task is complete)
BMW OSS Online Details of what it provides:
Diagnosis, Programming & Coding of BMW & MINI Vehicles via the Internet
For ISTA/P Online, a data interface, power supply, and an Internet connection are required.
An ICOM or the PassThruTool (PTT)” serve as a data interface. The PTT is an interface box
and fulfills the requirements of the SAE J2534 Standard. It is suitable for BMW and MINI vehicles with OBD-II connection.
With ISTA/P Online, only one vehicle can be processed at any one time
Diagnostic program with vehicle communication from Z3/E361 1, with a Pass Thru Tool (from model year 1996)
Displaying technical information:
- Service Information (SI)
- Repair instructions (from E30)
- Technical data
- Tightening torques
- Inspection sheets
- SI operating fluids
- SI technology
- SI diagnosis encoding
- SI special tools/devices
- Special tool
You can search via the search criteria document title, document number, and topics. The information you require will be displayed by means of graphics and explanatory texts.
The table gives an overview of the diagnosis tools offered and their range of application.
Wiring Diagram System
The following information is provided for you:
- Wiring diagrams
- Installation locations
- Connector views
- Functional descriptions
- The ability to zoom right in to the smallest details on the wiring diagrams and the linking of the wiring diagrams with further information such as functional descriptions and PIBs are outstanding features
- The selected information can be printed out at any time in an uncomplicated manner.
NEW ISTA 3 Workshop system
Save time by using ISTA 3’s performance-optimized, ultra-fast diagnosis - Access BMWi repair documents and diagnose BMWi vehicles - Save OSS credits with the free of charge installation of ISTA 3 – no time tickets needed.
The P-Code module allows you to search for SAE-standard P-Codes and BMW-specific P-Codes which you can read out from the engine control units using so-called "Generic Scan Tools".
The P-Code module is especially helpful for those users who do not have BMW-specific testing devices, but read out fault codes using "Generic Scan Tools".
The corresponding P-Code can be read out via the vehicle identification number. The P-Code list is available for all vehicles with OBD (for USA) or EOBD connector (for Europe).
AIR - INFORMATION RESEARCH IN AIR – SIMPLE, FAST AND RELIABLE
The new information research of the AIR application provides you with vehicle relevant technical information and commercial service data in a single system. Searching for information in AIR is easier and faster than in today’s systems and applications.
HOW DOES AIR WORK?
AIR is an information research network that provides a multitude of different information within one single system. Linked data is the key to accessing this information without changing devices or systems.
WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES AIR PROVIDE?
Only a one time vehicle identification is required to perform an extensive research
By linking associated information the research for flat rates, parts, defect codes and measures is much easier
Therefore you can quickly find the suitable information for any problem.
All research results can be stored in a basket
Focus on the repair of the vehicle because of minimized research effort.
The Whole Enchilada:
- Panasonic CF-54
- CarDaq Plus 2 J2534 Pass-Thru Interface
- ISTA workshop system - Diagnostics of BMW & MINI vehicles via the Internet
- ISTA 3 - Diagnosis of BMW & MINI vehicles via the Internet
- AIR - Aftersales Information Research - commercial and technical Service data
- Technical information - Information on professional-quality maintenance and repairs
- Commercial Service Data - View the flat rate unit data for defined scopes of repair work
- Programming - Programming and encoding of BMW & MINI vehicles via the Internet
- Diagnostics articles - Additional hardware for online diagnostics in OSS
- Workshop equipment - Here, you can find information about workshop equipment and service articles
- Exhaust gas setpoint data - Emissions test nominal values
- P-Code - Search for SAE-standard and BMW-specific P-Codes
- Service history - Maintenance of the electronic service history in the central vehicle description module (FBM) at BMW
- Technical campaigns - Technical campaigns are the improvements in series status identified as necessary by BMW and carried out free of charge by authorised BMW workshops
- Electronic Parts Catalogue - The Electronic Parts Catalogue (WebEPC) contains information on original BMW parts
- Training - find contacts for technical and non-technical training
- Technical Help Desk - enquiry on the topic - Expert contacts for your parts technology and vehicle-specific questions
- Download - The Download area provides resources such as current drivers and software
- Knowledge base - find answers to frequently asked questions
Related Maverick News
for a specific application see the full application list or contact us:
|GYS Flash 100-12 HF||P.O.A.|