Tel: +44 (0)1280 816 333
GM MDI 2 is the next generation Global Diagnostic Interface tool for both current and future vehicles start¬ing with Global A vehicles, and extending through future vehicle protocols and architectures.
Will the MDI 2 replace the MDI
Yes, the GM MDI 2 will replace the MDI introduced in 2007.
Is the MDI 2 backwards compatible?
Yes, it offers the same coverage as the MDI.
The MDI 2 can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future.
Can the MDI 2 be used wirelessly?
The MDI 2 can be used wirelessly with a Wireless Access Point (the same as the MDI) or with the NEW Point to Point wireless dongle which allows wireless access directly from the MDI 2 to a computer.
Should I keep my original MDI 1?
Yes. The MDI will continue to be used as it is today until Global B vehicles are released.
- Point-to-point - does not require an Access Point or IT support. Simple plug and play configuration.
- Upgraded wireless protocol support (includes 802.11 bgn).
- Improved protection from ground offset failures
- Improved USB performance (faster firmware downloads)
- Reinforced USB connector and connector housing (more robust design)
- Device powered through USB - no AC adapter required
Operation during engine crank
- Super-caps provide improved stability during engine crank - no batteries to leak or replace
Extended temperature range
- Industrial components extend operating temperature range. Automatic power down if over temperature detected
- Improved enclosure design to protect from exposure to fluids and drops
Vehicle communication protocol coverage
- Additional vehicle communication protocols - includes protocols for upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses. SAE J2534 and ISO 22900 compliant
- Longer DLC cable (2 metres) with twisted pair wire for Global B vehicles
- External hacking and device counterfeiting protection through advanced security techniques and code
New hardware expansion capabilities
- Two host USB expansion ports for future peripherals
- SD memory card slot for future software applications
- Programmable function buttons for future software features and applications
Related Maverick News
for a specific application see the full application list or contact us:
Buy Accessories & Spares
|Panasonic Toughbook - CF54||P.O.A.|
|GYS Flash 100-12 HF||P.O.A.|